The Police Department is located at 300 West 2nd North Street, Summerville, S.C. 29483.
Copies of Incident Reports can be obtained at the Records window inside the Police Department lobby. Incident Reports are free of charge for victims (first copy) but cost $5.00 per copy for the general public.
Copies of Accident Reports can be obtained at the Records window inside the Police Department lobby. Accident Reports are $5.00 per copy.
You may also obtain a copy of an accident report online using CRASHDOCS.ORG
You can be fingerprinted at the Department on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00pm.
Click here more information on our employment fingerprinting services.
Important (non-emergency) phone numbers for the Town of Summerville can be found by clicking the link below.
Your Complaint is Important
The Summerville Police Department is dedicated to the provision of the highest possible quality of law enforcement service to the public. The department is committed to courteously accepting and impartially investigating all complaints regarding the actions and performance of our personnel.
A complaint can be made with the Summerville Police Department in the following ways:
The officer receiving your complaint will attempt to make the process as easy and comfortable as possible for you.
A commendation can be made with the Summerville Police Department in the following ways:
· Property is ONLY released Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. No weekend appointments
· You MUST have an appointment to retrieve property.
o To make an appointment, please email email@example.com with your name, contact information, case number & property being requested.
· If you’re retrieving a firearm, proof of ownership is required (bill of sale, ATF paperwork, sales receipt etc).
· Property will be released only to the owner. A signed and notarized letter of release is required if the owner wishes someone else to retrieve the property.
· A state issued photo ID is required to verify identity at the release of property.
* For questions, please call Detective Corporal Brooks at 843-285-7028 or Detective Neu at 843-285-7511.
Summerville Police Department, Copyright 2021
Summerville Police Department, Copyright 2020